18) One of the biggest tobacco lies is the one that states that “smoking is just the smoker’s business and it has almost nothing to do with the others.” Nicotine is directly responsible for the arrogant and careless attitude of deliberately ignoring the others around the smoker. In fact scientific measurements have proved that only 15% of the smoke produced by any cigarette is enjoyed and avidly inhaled by the smoker. The rest of 85% or more from the smoke of any cigarette spreads around the smoker affecting all the people around and affecting dramatically the children. The smoke impregnates the pores of the skin, the hair, the beard, the eyebrows and the eyelashes, the mustache, the clothes, the hands of the smoker and of those non smokers who stay in a smoking environment. The toxic components of the smoke remain with the smoker all the time, not only during smoking. 40 of the mentioned components are proved to generate all sort of cancers. The smoke impregnates also the walls, the furniture, the tapestry, the carpets, the computers and laptops, all the objects existing in the private or public rooms/ halls/ bars and restaurants/ discos/ clubs/ cars/ vehicles where someone smokes occasionally or systematically.
Tobacco lie no 19) :“Tobacco is not expensive.” Actually tobacco is VERY expensive because of the more or less hidden costs. Even if one cigarette is not very expensive, there is no smoker to limit to one cigarette. Smokers light up 5-10-20-40 times every day. If you multiply the number of the daily cigarettes with the number of days of the year and everything with the cost per smoked item, you’ll find out that you burn and transform literally into ashes a lot of money. It is very useful to do your exact calculation and find out how much, precisely do you spend for tobacco. (First conclusion: you are not poor at all and you are not affected by any financial crisis.) Question: Do you consider a good business to burn part of your money? No matter how rich or how young and inexperienced you might be, there are more appropriate and more reasonable uses for dollars, pounds, euros or any other currency of the whole planet Earth than to put them on fire.
Considering the business aspect, let’s see what do you get for the money invested in your daily tobacco use. You get short moments of pleasure/relaxation, you get the tobacco addiction, the guarantee that you will spend more and more money for and because of tobacco. You also get the sure consequence that sooner or later you’ll have much more health troubles that you already have. And not only you…For the health troubles, in order to fix them –if they can be fixed- you’ll have to pay not only with lots of money but also with time, frustration, regrets, anxiety, stress and so on.